Transitions at Crossing Healthcare
For those who qualify, Transitions at Crossing Healthcare can provide extended recovery accommodations and assist in the expansion of essential life skills that promote autonomous sober living.
Transitions is a 64-bed, dormitory-style community living center where patients who complete treatment at Crossing Recovery Center can continue to strengthen their recovery abilities and self-confidence. Each of the two floors contain female and male wings, a kitchen, and community area. Residents will have access to meals and snacks from the on campus Central Avenue Grill.
Those who reside in Transitions will be required to attend all groups and individual counseling sessions and medical appointments according to their treatment plan. In addition, Transitions residents will participate in activities that will improve their overall health and wellbeing - such as nutrition and fitness classes. Financial literacy and career readiness are required to ensure that barriers to self-sufficiency are addressed.
While living in Transitions, residents will participate in a phase system that offers more privileges dependent upon their recovery progress. Privileges that may shift as you progress through phases can include, hours of work, off campus passes, and visitor opportunities. Residents in lower phases may be encouraged to limit work hours since it could conflict with treatment requirements. Accountability and structure of this nature proves to be most beneficial for those in recovery as they work to find stability and a new life.
Requirements for Admission to Transitions at Crossing Healthcare
- Must be a resident of: Macon, DeWitt, Piatt, Moultrie, Shelby, Christian, or Logan County.
- Must be in the Preparation Stage of Change.
- Cannot have an active Treatment Agreement.
- Must have active employment or be willing to obtain employment in order to assist with cost of room and board, meals, and saving towards permanent residency.
- Must be able to pass a background check for final acceptance.
- Must be actively engaged in all groups and individual counseling sessions.
- If previously resided in Transitions, must have discharged successfully.